Our Team: The hearts behind the Current.
Chris co-founded the Current in 2013 because (as a local entrepreneur himself) he wanted to bring joy to his community while helping local businesses connect and thrive.
In pursuit of this same goal, he also launched the Country Wisdom News—a monthly newspaper combining age-old and modern thoughts on community, the land and the home—in August 2010. Known today as Livelihood Magazine, the publication speaks to local economic initiatives and reaches over 30,000 readers each month!
Chris studied Professional & Technical Communication at Rochester Institute of Technology with a focus on printing, publishing and journalism.
New Economy Pollinator
Liz has over 20 years experience matching business needs with talent, content and digital media solutions. She currently works as an independent growth and new economy strategy consultant from clicks to bricks.
In addition to her work with the Hudson Valley Current, she is also Head of Growth for PivotGround, a digital strategy agency that helps nonprofits increase capacity, deliver better programming, attract more funding, and hopefully make the world a little better.
Liz is also a board member for O+, holds a B.S. in cultural anthropology from SUNY Brockport, and is certified in intellectual property law from New York University.
Our Board of Directors
Our Advisory Board Includes:
- Nelson Conde, United Nations Credit Union
- Scott Cullen Jenkinstown Motors
- Ahmad Khabra, Jerusalem Stone
- Joanne Leffeld, Moolah Doula
- Brendan Mullally, Beeline Moving
- Johnny LeHane, HV Startup Fund
- Kelly Maroney, Ulster Savings
- Tim Moore, Digital Hudson
- Melissa Orozco, Turkey Point Ltd.
- Nancy Ostrovsky, fine artist
- Jennifer Schwartz-Berky, Hone Strategic
- Noa Simons, HV Startup Fund