Accepts 100% Currents for Donations
WHY WE DO IT
• To transform our throw-away economy one beloved item at a time
• To reduce how much stuff goes into the waste stream
• To preserve traditional repair know-how & skills and pass them on
• To show the people who have this knowledge that they are valued
• To feed our curiosity about “the way things work” & have fun!
• To foster community sustainability and resilience
The Repair Cafe idea was born in Amsterdam in 2009 and was brought to New Paltz by volunteer organizer John Wackman in 2013. His dedication enthusiasm and success inspired others to launch Repair Cafe events in their communities.
If you are interested in bringing Repair Cafe to your community John would be happy to point you in the right direction. You can also check out the Repair Cafe Foundation where it all began for resources guidelines and all the details.
Repair Cafe of the Hudson Valley & Catskills is consortium of program organizers who support the work of repair in their communities. All events take place under the umbrella of a host or sponsoring organization in each town.