Hudson Valley Current works with the community to keep money local, strengthen Main Streets, and promote a culture of kindness.
We bend and adjust in challenging times, and then move forward into a future of care and support for all of our neighbors.
We seek to create a thriving, stable economy in the Hudson Valley based on an abundance mindset—that is, one where instead of hoarding resources, people understand that the more each person shares, the wealthier everyone becomes.
We believe there’s more than enough wealth to go around—And we're here to prove it.
We’ve all heard the story before. There just aren’t enough hours in the day. The cost of living is going up. One month your revenue is through the roof. The next, you’re scrambling to make rent. Experiencing a pandemic has only made it worse. It feels as if it has exacerbated all of those problems. Perhaps you realized this year,
- You want to grow your business, but you lack the capacity.
- You want to invest in your community, but you’re not sure you can afford it.
- You’re just tired of being locked into an economy that only allows a lucky few to truly thrive.
Whatever your story is, we hear you—and we don’t think this is how it has to be.
The Hudson Valley Current is a nonprofit economic development organization dedicated to challenging the scarcity myth, the idea that there is not enough to go around.
We seek abundance for all—our community, our businesses, and our families. That’s why we developed a community currency called the Current—an opportunity for each business or individual to share their skills and resources within the community.
Local Currencies Mean Resilient Communities
This multiplier effect is magnified with a local currency!
- You earn Currents by offering your services or selling inventory (often surplus).
- You spend your Currents at one of hundreds of participating local businesses.
- 100% of this income stays in the region, and is used to support more local businesses.
- Other business owners gain more income to reinvest in their companies (using local talent).
- Everybody wins! Your business and your local economy grow.